Monday, September 29, 2008

Since it's getting colder out these days, I can't help but think how much longer will it be until we start getting snow? According to a friend...who reads the Farmers Almanac lol...we're looking at a possible 700 cm of snow this winter! That's ALOT of snow. To think we had almost 500 last winter and it was so hard to get around, I can only imagine what it's going to be like. On the positive side I sort of can't wait for the snow because it means one thing: boarding season! I've been snowboarding for about 9 years now, and for the past few seasons I've gotten a season's pass for nights at Bromont. Although at first I was a bit reluctant to get a night pass, now I love it. Although I love boarding during the day too, it's one of the best feelings I can think of, to be up on a mountain at night, with friends. The hill is so much less crowded at night too...fewer kids learning how to ski or snowboard...fewer people in general. The crowds at the hill are usually around the same age, and on Nuit Blanche nights (when the hill is open until 3 AM), it makes for an all around awesome time.
Snowboarding is definetely one of my major sources of leisure. It's more than just the activity itself too...I think I especially love the culture that comes with boarding...the people, the style, the parties...everything. I think this is one of the main reasons I really got into boarding...and for someone like me, that loves to be with friends, it's an amazing way to spend the time.

No comments: